What is Dandruff ?
- Dandruff-Excessive shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp.
- Causes can be divided to internal and external causes.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Poor health.
- Poor hygiene.
- Allergic hypersensitive.
- Lack of rest.
- Emotional stress.
- Excessive consumption of sugar,fat, starch.
- Improper nutrition.
- Heredity predisposition.
- Excessive use of hair sprays and gels.
- Improper use of hair-coloring products or excessive use of hot hair curlers or curling irons.
- Cold weather and dry indoor heating.
- Stress & anxiety.
- Infrequent shampooing of the hair or inadequate rinsing of the scalp.
Myths about Dandruff
(a) It si caused by bacteria.
Actually bacteria does not cause dandruff but aggravates the condition.
Dandruff is the hotbed for bacteria.
If dandruff has been found at scalp, bacteria will live at there and multiply at that area and cause dandruff become more serious.
(b) It only can happen among people who have dry scalp.
Dandruff can be happened for both types of people who have dry and oily scalp.
(c) It is contagiousness which can pass though combs, hairbrushes and pillow.
In reality, dandruff cannot be transferred to other people.
This is because dandruff which is found on combs, hairbrushes and pillows are dead cells.